Saturday, June 28, 2008


Karen Evans is an aspiring writer who hopes her book of military boot camp devotions will be published - especially now that she has an agent The book is based on her son’s experiences. It won Best Devotional at the 2007 Florida Christian Writers Conference. Her children are both married, and she has one grandchild, one on the way, and three grand-dogs. Karen is the novice of the Kindred Hearts. She has a heart for the military and is presently training her dog for hospital visitation and also wishes to visit the two local VA hospitals in Florida. Karen always opens the kitchen blinds when she gets up, even at 3:30am, just to make her feel like it’s not so early.

3 comments:

Kathy C. said...

3:30 a.m.?? Ugh!

I hope you get those devotions published too! I remember reading them at the conference.

Kevin said...

Karen: I will pray your devo gets published; I am walking down that same road, only I don't have an agent--- yet! How long did it take you to find one?
Jeanette
P.S. I'd love to read some; can you post one on the blog?

Kindred Heart Writers said...

Jeanette,
Thanks for the prayers. My agent says it's such a "niche" market, so I'm in the process of expanding the market appeal. That's an idea about using one to post. Would have to clear that with the gang. But I could do it on my blog site. Thanks for the idea!
Blessing,
karen evans